Friday, October 1, 2010

It has been a while...

Hello friends. I know it has been a while and I have gone completely MIA, and I apologize for that. Things have been, well, no need to describe.

Life in Memphis is getting better- MUCH better. I realized that when I first moved here, I really wasnt going out and doing things and meeting people as I should have. I was happy in my little bubble and couldnt see beyond that. Well, the past few weeks have really opened my eyes to what is out there, and man am I enjoying it! I have made some amazing friends here and cannot thank them enough for all they have done for me the past month. I couldnt ask for a better support system. I am really enjoying Memphis, believe it or not. I am acting like a little college girl again- going OUT 3 nights in a row?! I love it! Thank you to you, friends, for everything.

Val, Dani, Amy, Pam- on Beale street with one of the famous "flippers"

All of my friends and family, for that matter, have been my saving grace. I have been bombarded by phone calls, emails, letters, texts, visits, and unconditional love. Not a day goes by that I am not reminded endless times that I have the most fantastic and loving people in my life. I am so lucky to have you all by my side. I couldnt ask for more.

I dont know where I am heading, and I dont know what my new life will bring, but I know I am here for a reason. Despite everything that I have had to go through, I know I am here, right now, for a reason. I know the universe has a plan for me- I know everything will happen as it must. But I cant help but wonder...

So, yes, Bikram has taken a back seat. Unfortunately, this is a time when I need it most, but with everything going on, money is a terrible burden right now, and I just cant swing it. So, maybe this blog will take a turn for a little while... less about my Bikram practice, more about my journey to rediscover myself. I have spent 4 years giving myself to someone else that I have managed to neglect and lose myself. Now, it is my turn for a little TLC.

So here's to a new beginning... a new chapter in my life... a journey of rediscovery and personal growth... care to join me?