Friday, March 18, 2011

Visitors!

My parents arrive today! They are staying for a whole week! I am so excited to see them; we have so much planned and it is going to be a fantastic week. I took a few days off work and the weather is supposed to be beautiful! So excited!

But, having company around definitely throws a wrench in my routine. Granted, mom and dad are extremely supportive and flexible and will make it very easy for me to keep up my good habits. They know I plan on running every day, and some days that may take a good 2 hour chunk of the day. I think eating is going to be a tough one. Even though my mom is a WW graduate as well and we both know that vacation does not mean it's an excuse to binge, I am sure we will be eating a lot more than usual. I plan to take them to all of my favorite restaurants (and of course, they must experience Memphis BBQ, even if I don't eat it!) and I that will test my will-power. But, really, I am trying to not worry about it. If I get off schedule with my running (which I doubt I will) or eat a bit more than usual, it is ok. Life happens, and ya gotta be flexible, right?!

I probably wont update much, if at all, while they are here. But I will be sure to share pictures and stories next week!

Oh, I have another 5k coming up this Sunday. I am really excited to get my parents involved in my new passion, and it will be wonderful to have them at the finish line cheering for me! Should be a blast!