Tuesday, November 29, 2011

I am a walking disaster

It's like every force in the universe is trying to keep me from running completing this marathon.


My ankles hurt + my neck being all jacked up = When I walk, I look like quasimodo doing the robot... Imagine me running.


(I bet you have an amazing mental image of me right now, yea? Nice.)


It snowed last night. Now don't get me wrong, I LOVE cold weather running, and I am a sucker for some pretty snow. But put aforementioned 80's-dance-move hunchback on slippery grounds, and it's a recipe for disaster. I have heard the weather is supposed to clear up by Saturday, but that doesn't alleviate the fear of putting the most clumsy girl on earth on wet pavement for 26.2 miles.


Everyone around me is sick. Coughing, sneezing, hacking, snotting... Please stop engulfing me with your germs. I have been tempted to walk around and spray every person I encounter in the face with Lysol, but with all the ruckus lately about pepper-spraying at these stupid occupy events, I am scared I will give the wrong impression.


So, if all this crap could just STOP, and I could be healthy, un-hobbling, un-hunched, and have the sun shining on Saturday, that would be great. A damn miracle, but worth hoping for.