Wednesday, February 29, 2012

I love hummus

I do a pretty good job of eating a wide variety of things, getting essential vitamins and minerals from different sources. But there are a few items that I could not live without and I can eat daily, in copious amounts.

Hummus is one of them.


I like to make hummus whenever I get the chance, but am a sucker for some good store-bought as well.

Last night, I was going to make some hummus. As I was getting the ingredients out of my fridge, I remembered I had some leftover edamame...

EDAMAME HUMMUS!

Ingredients:
-About 2 cups of shelled edamame
-Sriracha
-Lemon juice
-Sesame oil
-Garlic
-Tahini
-Olive oil


Something I am very guilty of when I cook is just "throwing things together." I don't really measure. I am the queen of "keep adding more of this and that until it tastes yummy."

Well, this turned out REALLY yummy. A very nice, healthy twist on an essential item in my diet! That is the final product there in the picture. My food processor is a hand-me-down, probably older than me, so it did not get very smooth, but it still tasted great!