Tuesday, April 20, 2010

22 in/ 8 out

I am really proud of myself. I am really proud of how disciplined and focused I have become in my practice over the past 22 days. I am proud- and I am happy to feel this pride.

Yet another lovely class yesterday. Ya know, I talked about this before. People say "not every day can be great." Yet again, I ask you- why not? There may be days when things may be a bit off- dizzy, hungry, thirsty, sleepy, etc- but that does not mean it still cant be a great class. Going in with an open mind and positive attitude, and leaving with a smile and knowing I did the best I could with what I was given is all I need to have a wonderful session. So in my opinion, every day can be a good day.

Lets talk about the cobra series, shall we? This is a series of several postures that focus on healing and strengthening your back. I really enjoy this series, and I am extremely proud of my progress in these postures.
1) Cobra
2) Locust (first we do just the right leg, then just the left leg, then both, resulting in this posture)

3) Full Locust

4) Bow


This series can be very intimidating, but I have grown to really enjoy it. I feel great after I complete the series. These postures, for me, bring the most challenging breathing. It is hard to keep breathing normally when laying on your stomach, with pressure on your chest, or lifting your chest up so dramatically. You can do 80/20 breathing (only breathing with 20% of your lung capacity), but sometimes that makes me very dizzy. So I have focused on keeping my breath normal, and I have done well.