Friday, April 23, 2010

25 in/ 5 out

...aaaaaaaaand I'm sick. Around 11am yesterday, it hit me. Fatigue, sore throat, fever, body aches, the whole shabang. I went into yoga thinking I would just take it easy and spend more time laying in savasana than usual. However, I did quite well. I was impressed with how capable I was. I would say to myself, "Ok, now, you dont need to really push yourself. You are allowed to take it easy. This isnt about can or cannot, this is about listening to my body. So take it easy, self, and you will be fine." I actually only sat out of 1 pose- the 1st lotus. I was really proud of myself.

I woke up this morning feeling even worse. I dont know how I got sick. I take such good care of myself- taking vitamins (multi, C, and glucosamine) every single day, I am sleeping very well, and I am eating healthy (well, for the most part, minus the donuts the past 2 days). But, alas, it has happened. I am going to try to go to class today (because the thought of doing a double while sick makes me a bit weepy) and do exactly what I did yesterday. Or maybe just sleep in that nice warm room...

My progress isnt paramount. I actually find myself going not as deep into poses lately, as I am focusing much more on form. My determination to be able to lock my knees is showing. My hamstrings are sore (good sore, not bad painful sore) every day, and I am focusing 100% of my attention towards keeping my knees locked during the balancing series. This means I have definitely backed off in poses like standing bow pulling and tree. "If you haven't locked the knee, the pose hasnt even started yet." I WILL succeed. I am ok with backing off on the postures a bit. I want to do this the right way- I am not one of those people that will do something wrong just to make it look like I am more capable. It takes time, and I have time, so I want to do this the right way.

Happy Friday =)