Thursday, December 16, 2010

Days like this...

I just walked in from the gym- like, literally just walked in and still have my jacket on- but had to write right away.

I felt like crap today. (Hmmm wonder why? Thank you, Happy Mexican. Thank you.) My stomach was mad, my head was mad, my entire body was mad. I was angry and distracted by my wandering thoughts. I was sore beyond belief from lifting yesterday, and it was all I could do to lift my arm to look at my watch and wonder what time I would finally force myself to go run. I managed to get there, got on the treadmill, and hated life. I only had to run 1.5 miles, but when you feel like I did, that may as well have been 90 miles.

But I did it.

And ya know what?

I still feel like crap. But I did it. I didnt wimp out, I didnt break stride, and I didnt beat myself up about it. I did it. I am sure there will be many days to come when all I want to do is lay on the couch and ignore training. So I am glad to see that my first encounter with a day like this ended in a victory.

Now, I am going to shower and go to bed.