Saturday, January 22, 2011

Stanky Legg 5k

So when I was first researching local races, I ran across the Memphis Runners Track Club website. They have a race series throughout the winter that has races of ranging difficulty at sites all around Memphis. I noticed they had a 5k for the exact weekend my training schedule had me due for this race, so I immediately signed up, as did my friend Maureen.

I didnt really look at the name of it, but I knew it was something random and ridiculous. Now, as my knowledge of terrible rap music has expanded during my time in Memphis, I was exposed to the amazing dance called the Stanky Legg. So, when someone asked me what the name of the 5k is that I will be running, I unconsciously responded "Ummm, The Stanky Legg!"

No, Amy. It is not the Stanky Legg. It is the Stanky Creek- a park in a suburb of Memphis that is known for its awful smell, and the course is through the woods on a trail. Wow. So now not only will we be running in smelly conditions, but it is a trail run! Way to research that one before signing up, huh? Despite all this, I am beyond excited and I cant get the Stanky Legg dance out of my mind. I have continued to call it the Stanky Legg 5k to anyone that asks.

In honor of my own silliness, I WILL do this dance at the finish line....