Tuesday, January 18, 2011

T-minus 6 days...

My first 5k is this coming Sunday, the 23rd. I am nervous, but in a good way. Maureen and Kate will be doing it with me, so it should actually be really fun. This past month has flown by!

Go figure, I get my first lesson on aches and pains with only 1 week until my first race. My hamstrings are KILLING me. Now, if you have been an avid reader, you know that during my 6o day Bikram challenge, I had endless issues with my hamstrings being tight. So really, I am not surprised they are giving me trouble. It could be due to 1 of 3 possible things... 1) I really pushed myself on my Saturday run, and I may just be sore from that. 2) I did some extra lunges last week and I may have pushed it too far or done something incorrect. 3) I had a pretty crazy weekend, and perhaps all of the insanity in a new pair of heels didn't do much good for my legs. Whatever the case may be, I am in pain and I dont like it. I am stretching and rubbing, but they still hurt. Fingers crossed I can deal with this before Sunday...