Thursday, January 6, 2011

T-rex in downtown Memphis!

I slept all day yesterday, and all day last night. 19 hours total. I woke up this morning feeling MUCH better. Still cant breathe one bit, but at least I didn't have a 104 fever and pain all over my body! So after work, I laced up the sneakers, turned on the new Girl Talk album, and took to the streets. I am up to a distance now that is further than the river front bluff by my apartment, so I found a route through downtown that makes a perfect loop from my doorstep. I live about a mile from downtown, so my route brought me up Beale St, down Union Ave, and back home along the river. I was worried at first because I have never run in a city setting, but I loved it! And during the daylight hours, believe it or not, I feel surprisingly safe in downtown Memphis (luckily mom is not an avid reader of this blog- if she was, she may scream at me for doing this!) and I really enjoyed the scenery. So my awkward T-rex running/flailing/stumbling/whatever you want to call it made its first truly public appearance today. Whoo hoo!

Oh, and FYI... congestion + running in the cold = snot pouring down my face. So sexy. SOOOO sexy. OW OW!