Monday, January 10, 2011

We've come a long way, baby...

6 months in Memphis, and 4 months on my own... can you believe it? My oh my, how time flies. A friend of mine just shared a ton of pictures from the past 4 months with me, and I had a great time laughing out loud at them. We have had some amazing times and I am so glad to have had Val, Maureen, and Dani tight by my side through all of this.

Something that cant go unnoticed is my appearance...

THEN: September 2010...


...AND NOW: New Years Eve 2011

I realize how much I let my appearance go. That happens when you are in a relationship for so long- you begin to stop caring because you get comfortable. I was overweight, out of shape, and I just didn't care. Also, the problems on the inside can so easily be seen on the outside. I was so unhappy, so lost, and I had no sense of my own identity. I had let someone else take control of my life. Over the past 4 months, I have taken that control back and set out on a path of self-discovery. I have learned so much about myself and my life. It has been hard, but I wouldn't take a single second of the past 6 months back if I had to do it again. This has all happened for a reason, and fate has lead me down the road that was meant to be.

So, here's to ME. *cheers*