Saturday, February 5, 2011

Noticing the little things

It has been almost 2 months since I started training. While I know I have made progress, sometimes it's hard to see just how much.

I was talking with a friend the other day and they said, "So, how far do you have to run today?" I replied, "Oh, it's my easy day, I only run 3, no big deal." Wait, did I just say what I think I said? Only 3 miles? No big deal? When in MY life have I EVER run 3 miles comfortably and easily?! Now, don't get me wrong- most of my life, I have been a relatively healthy and fit person. But let's remember: I. Don't. Run. Well, I guess now I can say I DIDN'T run...

It is nice to see these little bits of progress. Noticing that my breathing is not strained, and I am not completely out of breath at the end of a run. Noticing the definition in my leg muscles (sexy, yowza!) and arms. Noticing that I no longer constantly thinking about how much further I have to go before I am done with a run. Noticing the mounting excitement that I am on my way to accomplishing this goal... It is all very exciting to me!