Monday, March 28, 2011

8 mile run, 30 days of abs, sweet potato pancakes- OH MY!

Yes. I did it. I ran... no, jogged... no, shuffled 8 miles on Saturday. In the freezing cold rain, nonetheless. That deserves a pat on the back.

I was feeling very apprehensive about the run. I was really worried that my knee would hurt. I dont enjoy having this pain (well, really, who would?), and I dont like how it has made me doubt myself and my abilities. As I have said before- I have no trouble with my breathing, endurance, or fatigue. It is 100% the pain in my knee that is challenging me. And, as Bikram says: YOU CAN MESS WITH THE GODS, BUT DONT MESS WITH YOUR KNEES! I really need to be doing Bikram while I am training- I bet that would do my knee a world of good. But alas, there are not enough hours in the day or dollars in the bank to make everything come together as it should. Whatcha gonna do, right?

I am going to attempt the 9 mile run on Wednesday. I am trying to get a bit caught up with my schedule. The anxiety of not being ready in time is really getting to me, so I want to do my best to get back on track.

The 30 day ab challenge comes to a close today! That really flew by! I am glad Annie could inspire me to add this element to my workout, and I have every intention of continuing with this part of my routine. I really dont SEE any results; but then again, I sure have a lot of padding to protect any new muscle that has formed ;) I can feel that my abs are stronger. I used to struggle doing planks and would have to be on my knees, but now I can be up on my toes and hold for the full minute. So, yes, there is progress. Just not enough to convince me a bikini is within reach- YET!

Eating = out of control. Gotta get myself back on track. I am so close to my goal weight, and I dont want to blow it now. Between my parents visiting and going out to eat a lot more with new friends, I am minimizing fruits/vegetables and overdoing it on carbs and fat. I'll admit it- I am a complete sucker for sweet potato pancakes, and I cannot say no to them. I haven't really been challenge with the social aspect of eating well... I rarely go out to eat, and I am really good about cooking well at home and making good choices. But adding this new social element where eating out is more common is throwing a wrench in my healthy gears. I know it is possible to eat out and still be healthy, but it just isnt something I have completely mastered yet. And it is very hard to plan in advance, as it is often spontaneous and out of the blue. It will be tough, but I know I am capable of getting this behavior under control.

I have so much going on in my life right now, and while I am out of my mind busy, I am, without a doubt, HAPPY. But, have you ever been SCARED of being happy? I kinda am...