Thursday, July 14, 2011

Double "YIKES!"

YIKES! #1) Well, I faced the music yesterday. I went back to WW. I had not been since the week before the 1/2 marathon, so it has been nearly 10 weeks. I knew I had gained, I could feel it and see it. And I wasn't too shocked when I stepped on the scale and saw the increase. But let's be honest, no matter how prepared you are... being confronted with failure is never easy. I had taken me 4 months to lose what I had gained back in 2 months- it is scary how easy it is to get out of control and gain. That was the confrontation that I needed to get myself back on track. I am disappointed in myself, and I am determined to get back to where I started. YIKES!

YIKES! #2) My official marathon training schedule starts.... NEXT WEEK! Yowza! I am worried it will be tough to fit in- I am moving, starting a new job, and going out of town. I managed to persevere through road blocks during my 1/2 marathon training, but these things standing in my way next week are much more time consuming. I must focus on time management. I have gotten in a pretty lazy routine lately, and I need to quit it. I knew that training for this marathon was going to be a big mountain to climb and would take up a lot of my time... but, YIKES.