Wednesday, August 31, 2011

My poor feet

If you know me, you know I greatly dislike feet. I don't like touching other peoples feet, the smell of feet, or even looking at other peoples toenails. Yuck, just yuck. I try to keep my feet pretty, happy, clean, and lovable. Running has made that task... well... difficult.

The tips of my toes got calluses about 3 months into training for my 1/2. I can deal with that.

My baby toes and toenails got a little janky shortly after the 1/2, and have gotten ickier with every mile. Ok, just requires a little more love and attention to keep them pretty. I can deal with that.

Yesterday, I found the deal-breaker that made me feel nothing but sadness and sympathy for my poor feet. 3 of my toes are bruised under the nail. They are tender to touch, a yucky bruise color under the nail, and just not happy. My poor feet.

I immediately painted my toenails because I couldn't stand the sight of it. I want to be a runner, but I refuse to have runners feet. I want pretty feet. Help!