Monday, November 14, 2011

Saturday mornings are tough...

PAST: Friday nights are mellow, filled with pasta, heading to bed super early, and happily anxious about the morning to come- not quite "the night before Christmas" feeling, but pretty damn close. I would wake up at the crack of dawn on Saturday morning and set out on a long run. My lungs would be filled with fresh Mississippi River air (ha!) and my heart would be filled with pride and happiness.


PRESENT: Friday nights, I can do whatever I want, because I don't have to get up early. Saturday mornings, I naturally wake up at 7am, lay there a while, and try to hold back the tears. Then go about my day, avoiding Facebook and running posts at all costs. Saturday is the one day of the week my bitter, jealous feelings come out in full force, and nothing I do can chase them away.


This weekend, I replaced running with cooking. I went nuts. I needed something to fill the void.


I made Pumpkin Chili.


And 2 trays of roasted vegetables.

And a huge pot of Potato Broccoli Cheese soup.

And a vat of brown rice. 

And a ton of barley.


I made 12 freezer meals for work lunches. 
Plus lunch for myself.
And dinner for Kevin.