Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Pain is temporary, pride is forever

I get it. Inspiration. Cute.

But seriously, whoever said this quote... I would like to punch them.

When googling to see what jerk originally said that quote, I stumbled upon this gem, which sums up this entire post pretty well and saves you from having to listen to me bitch and moan:


I will give you 3 guesses why I am all angry-bird-like today...

If you guessed that I got in a gang fight in South Memphis and have painful battle wounds, you are incorrect.

ANKLES! ANKLES! ANKLES!

Yea, I know, I thought we were past that old story, too. I am just as tired of writing about it as you are reading about it. Too bad my long run on Sunday brought me right back to square one.

It is frustrating because I feel like I am doing a really good job of taking care of my "dysfunctional posterior tibial tendons". I shower them with love and affection. I ice them, stretch them, buy them expensive shoe inserts that support them, and wear ugly tape all over my feet and legs to protect them. And what do I get in return?! PAIN.

Enough, ankles. In the words of Uncle Joey:


This pain... IT AIN'T TEMPORARY, yo. How can I even experience the pride associated with reaching my goals if I can't even walk?!

I did some more research into treatments for PTTD. I am doing all of them, except 2 things:
1) Complete immobilization for 6-8 weeks. I'm talking full-on cast.
2) Surgery.

Eff that.

CONUNDRUM!