Friday, February 24, 2012

Who wears short shorts?

If you have ever had the pleasure of watching me run, you will immediately notice 3 things:

1) I run like a T-Rex

2) I make ugly, animated, ridiculous faces

3) I wear black capri tights on EVERY. SINGLE. RUN.

(You're welcome for 3 lovely crotch shots there.)

FACT: I have thunder thighs. ITS OK THOUGH, I am fine with it, really! I know they are very muscular and whatnot. So it's really ok. Nonetheless, I like to wear capri tights to avoid anything riding up in my crotch, chafing, and wiggly legs. What are wiggly legs? Do me a favor- go put on a pair of shorts, jog around the room, and look down at your thighs. THAT is wiggly legs. And I don't like seeing it. So, capri tights are a staple in my running wardrobe.

Last fall, a friend of a friend that works for Nike got a ton of free stuff and let me dive in face first and take whatever I wanted. I got so much swag, it was unbelievable. Like, $1000 worth of stuff FO FREEEE! Killer.

With this mother load of free stuff, I got 2 pairs of Nike running shorts. I grabbed them mostly because they look cool, not because I really ever had intentions of wearing them while running. I wear them when I lay around the house, feeling all cool in my fancy running shorts as I sit on the couch and binge on an entire jar of peanut butter. True story.

Well this past week, mother nature didn't get the memo that it is FEBRUARY and sent some 70 degree weather to Memphis. I was tempted to go on a bazillion mile long run to make the most of the glorious weather, but knew I had to stick to my training schedule- espeically with the 10k coming up tomorrow. So I figured I would let myself go for a short 2 mile run, and to ensure that it would remain a short run, I would wear....

drum roll...
RUNNING SHORTS!

(Aaaaand cue LMFAO's song SEXY AND I KNOW IT.)

I felt awkward. I felt exposed. I felt windy. I felt wiggly. But what I did not feel was the dreaded chafing. The material is fantstic and didnt rub at all. A little riding up, which caused this awesome little FUPA effect. What's a FUPA? Google it. But other than that, a rather pleasant experience! I was happily surprised!

I don't see myself giving up my capri tights any time soon, but I am happy to know that I can do something other than lounge in my running shorts.