Friday, April 9, 2010

11 in/ 19 out


Wow, these 30 days are flying by!
Yesterday was wonderful. I felt good, both physically and mentally. I pushed myself, and I actually, for the first time, saw a bit of progress. I did really well in triangle pose (above). This looks like such a simple posture, but it is actually very challenging. I enjoy this pose, but I often struggle with it. My challenge is in getting my exposed, straight side perfectly straight. I often have a bit of a hinge at the hip. I did well with it yesterday, and came up from it with a smile.
Speaking of smiling, this may sound strange, but I smiled through most of the class yesterday. Especially when I... drum roll please.... finally got to lay down on my shoulders in fixed firm!!!! I have usually been only capable of leaning back to my elbows (if that), but I was feeling extremely capable yesterday, so I gave it a try, and I did it! I couldn't stop smiling. I am so proud of myself.
Something else that I did that I am extremely proud of is not comparing myself to others. Not once did I glance at anyone else. Not once did I catch a view of someone else being perfect. Not once did I compare myself. I focused 100% on myself. I was in the zone. I loved it. I just felt so good! I cant get over it! It may not sound that exciting to others, but this is a huge accomplishment for me.
On a side note: Brandon is wonderful. He has been so supportive of me during the past 2 weeks. I couldn't ask for more. I know this isn't his cup of tea- he doesn't really buy the whole yoga thing. But the fact that he is supportive of me despite his own beliefs is such a wonderful feeling. I cannot thank him enough. All of my friends, for that matter, have been fantastic- offering comments, ideas, praise, and support. I thank you ALL for your input and comments... and for even being interested!