Sunday, April 25, 2010

28 in/ 2 out

I feel wonderful. I mean, besides this nagging glass-swallowing feeling in my throat. Putting that aside- I feel wonderful! I have said it before, but I will say it again- I am so very happy with how my Bikram practice is going. I love my progress. I love my focus. I love my breathing. I love my determination. I love my inability (yes, my inability). I love my soul. I love my strength. I am not perfect, and I love that. I struggle, and I love that. I fall out of postures, and I love that. I love that I am trying so hard and I am giving 110% every day to something that benefits my heart and soul. I am happy.

I am still battling with my locked legs. My right leg has gotten much better. I am able to kick out juuuuuust a bit during standing head to knee pose on my right side, and I am able to balance for a significant amount of time during standing bow pulling pose on my right side. The left side, eh, not so much. I am still focusing 100% on getting that leg locked and keeping it locked. I never thought this would be such a struggle for me. Metaphor time: I need a solid, concrete, firm foundation from which to build on, and at this time, it is lacking. I need to dig my roots deeper, find the strength to hold myself tall and strong. I will continue to work on my locked knee (on both sides, as I love seeing my slow, snails pace progress on my right side) and continue to work on my physical and mental foundation.

On a MUCH funnier note: I have really been focusing on NOT wiping sweat the past few days. It bothers me a lot and thinking about not wiping my face makes me even more aware of the tickle, trickle, annoying little drips rolling down my face, AH! So today I was really focused, almost repeating a mantra of "drip sweat, it's ok to drip sweat." So, of course, in my awful fantastical mind, that eventually turns into "lemmie see ya drip sweat" from that wonderfully disgusting and derogatory song 'Play' by David Banner. So there I am, in a room with about 25 other people, trying my best to focus and meditate, and all I can do is giggle to myself and sing that song in my head. Awful, I know. Of all songs to get stuck in my head. And ya know when you try to NOT think of something, you think of it even more and can NOT get it out of your head?? Yeah. Great. And you are very welcome for getting it stuck in your head now also...