Friday, May 7, 2010

Day 38

I am really enjoying Bikram's book. I agree with a lot that he has to say. He is a very interesting man.

For some reason, the beginning of class was rough for me. I was dizzy, tired, and so terribly sore. I was falling out of postures, moving very slow, and unable to focus. It was very strange. I was beginning to feel slightly defeated, but was trying my best to just listen to my body and stay focused in the moment. Before we began the back strengthening series, Sandra said "We are going to try something different today- bear with me here." Usually the series goes as follows: we do each posture (cobra, locust, full locust, bow) twice in a row, with a savasans between. However, this time, we would do 1 of each, back to back, all in a row, then a long savasana. Then we would repeat the sequence. We did the same for the next series (fixed firm, half tortoise, camel, rabbit) as well. I enjoyed it. It was a nice change on a day when I was already feeling defeated and weak. However, I wonder if this is method brings the same benefit as the traditional series- I wonder if it is true certified Bikram. Either way, for that specific day and time, I was grateful for the slight variation.

I am trying very hard to incorporate my Bikram focus, values, discipline, and relaxation techniques into my daily life. I get worked up and upset very easily- it doesnt happen often, but it happens quickly and easily. I am hoping my Bikram practice will lessen this. Bikram has already helped with many other aspects of my life that I have no doubt it will... it just may take time.