Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Day 51

I'm sorry if yesterdays post came off rude. I was having a slightly cranky day (hey, they are allowed, from time to time...) and was just feeling a bit off. I think I was taking it way too personally that some are underestimating this challenge. But I am not doing it to make others say "wow, she is awesome, look at what she can do!" I am doing it for me. So again, sorry for the rant. It happens.

I went into today's class, as I mentioned, feeling very cranky and off. I was having a very grumpy, unfocused, sad day- definitely the result of a "what the hell am I going to do with my life" day. I was feeling sick to my stomach (hmmm maybe I shouldn't have eaten nearly half a box of hot and spicy cheez-its...) and unfocused and just plain yuck. I somehow gathered the strength to make it through class without giving up or sitting out. I could definitely tell that I had been engaging my abdominal muscles yesterday! I tried to do it today, but it made the food baby in my tummy a bit unhappy.

I really enjoy Caroline. She is so uplifting and supportive. She never singles people out with praise or specific ways to improve. I am torn about whether I like this or not. I like that she treats the class as a whole an doesn't place the focus on any one single person. However, if I am doing something incorrect and need to tweak my form, I want to know! Either way, she is a brilliant teacher and I enjoy her class. I will miss her when she stops teaching evening classes!

So I noticed that I have not been speaking of individual postures as much lately. I think that is because the fluctuation from day to day is so significant. From day to day, my abilities range a great deal between postures. I have heard that this is very normal. Nonetheless, dissecting individual postures in each post seems silly since they are changing daily. Instead, I will probably do a quick run-down of how I feel I have improved in each posture as a whole at the end of the 60 days.