Monday, May 24, 2010

Day 54, 55, and 56!

Day 54: Today went as well as expected after the day of binge eating cake and sweets for my pre-birthday festivities. I was feeling a bit queasy the whole class, especially during the floor series, but I pulled through. I had a huge breakthrough on locust. Usually I use full back and leg strength to lift my legs in the air, but I moved in such a way today that I figured out how to use my arms and shoulders to help lift myself up. It was awkward, and it made my elbows ache a bit, but that is how you are supposed to do it- the slight ache in the elbows is what that posture is going for. So yay, good for me!

Day 55: Happy birthday to me! I had a very strong session- I was feeling so happy, full, and loved and was just radiating positive energy! I got a new pair of shakti shorts for my birthday, so I felt cute also (which really helps when you are staring at yourself in the mirror for 90 minutes straight!). The whole class sang "happy birthday" to me while we were in triangle pose! How wonderful! It is funny... I dont necessarily know everyones name or know them personally- maybe just a comment here or there before or after class, maybe just a smile in passing- but I feel like I have such a strong connection with many of them. It is like an invisible safety net. Just knowing that these complete strangers are sending their love and support my way- for no reason other than a shared bond during Bikram- is so uplifting. I hope others feel the good energy I send towards them also. I had such a beautiful day- both during and after class. I have been in a real funk lately, and this was the uplifting day that I was so desperately needing.

Day 56: Exhausted, dehydrated, and aching from a night of fun and dancing- I still managed to not only go to class, but enjoy class! I was definitely sluggish and woozy, but I smiled through it all. Sat out here and there, nothing too big. Sandra spoke a bit about discipline- in particular, about wiping sweat. I thought it was purely a discipline guideline based on keeping focus and not expending any unnecessary energy. But actually, if you wipe sweat, you not only push those toxins back into your skin, but you will be hotter- duh, sweat is your body's AC unit, how did I not think of that? So even more reasons to keep your hands at your sides! This has been really hard for me lately because of allergies. It isnt about getting the sweat off my face, it is about itching my eyes and nose- they are nonstop itchy, even when I take an allergy pill. So I am reaching up to my face to itchy my eyes or nose several times during class. It is frustrating because I honestly cant help it. I cant use will power to not itch my eyes. I mean, I know I could, I could fight through it, but ugh, that requires a level of meditation that I am not capable of yet.

4 days left. My, now time flies.....