Sunday, January 30, 2011

Feelin' Groovy

I just ran my first 4-miler, and let me tell you- I feel AMAZING.

My iPod is officially dead (well, dead in the sense that it needs to be plugged in to play- the battery is shot) so I had a full 45 minutes of silence. I was running on Mud Island (a beautiful area of Memphis- a 3 mile island in the Mississippi) and I really enjoyed the scenery and the serenity of my run. The best part: when I finished, I didn't feel miserable. Granted, I know I should be giving 110% and leaving everything I have out on those roads. But I really enjoyed getting to the end and feeling good- like I could run more. Yes, yes, I know, spare your lecture of "C'mon, Amy! Push it! Push yourself!" Today, I enjoyed crossing my imaginary finish-line NOT feeling like the end of my life was about to hit. I loved that feeling.

My knees are hurting a bit, but only while I run. Once I stop, they feel fine. And it isn't until about mile 2.5 that they begin aching. Not a sharp pain, just a slight ache.

It was a really beautiful weekend here in Memphis. Friday night, I went out with a co-worker to the Memphis Song Writers Association CD release party. Yesterday it was 60 degrees and not a cloud in the sky. I enjoyed a gorgeous run, a trip to the farm stand, sitting in the park talking on the phone, and had a few drinks with a friend down in Cooper Young on the patio of a great restaurant. Today, I roasted all of the amazing veggies I bought yesterday, had this awesome run, and now plan to go do some school work for a bit. All in all, I'd say it was an A+ weekend.

I hope yours was just as beautiful!