Sunday, February 13, 2011

Better than the best

Every time I have a long, weekend run, I always get on here and comment about how perfect it was. I say it was the best yet, and nothing could compare. But then the next weekend rolls around and, lo and behold, another perfect, beautiful run.

It is a beautiful day- clear blue skies, slight breeze, about 55 degrees. I ran 5 miles. For the first time in my life, I believe. I have never, ever run that far. I ran from my apartment to Mud Island, over the bridge, around the first park, and then back to my apartment. It... was... perfect.

My friend Kate let me borrow one of her old iPod shuffles to use since mine broke. It is already loaded with some amazing songs that kept me laughing and singing the whole way. Yes, the silent runs have been nice, but music makes it a whole different experience.

I have had some unfortunate aches. My right hip is acting up- I knew it was only a matter of time. That hip has given me trouble ever since "my old sports injury." (I laugh hysterically when people hold on to their high school sports stories like it is the only thing tying them to their youth.) I knew it would act up eventually, but I was surprised it took this long to start aching. Just reminds me that I must keep Bikram in my life! Hopefully the pain wont be something that impacts my training.

I love how each Sunday, I am rejuvenated and filled with this feeling of "the best run yet!"