Monday, February 14, 2011

Here's to you, Valentine's Day.

What a silly day.

I got an email forward from a friend. Amongst the "pass it on and your wildest dreams will come true" jabber was this quote:

God doesn't give you the people you want; He gives you the people you NEED... to help you, to hurt you, to leave you, to love you and to make you into the person you were meant to be.


About a month ago, an amazing friend of mine texted me almost the exact same thing during a time when we were both really down and feeling lonely. That's twice this quote has found me. I thought I would share it with you all, seeing as how today has the potential to bring uneasy emotions to some. The hurdles we face make us who we are. I know that, personally, despite the hardships, I wouldn't change a single thing about the life I have lead and the people I have encountered. Simply embrace what you are given, and learn from your mistakes.