Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Yes, I am still alive...

Well hey there, it's been a while! Since my move 3 weeks ago, things have been CRAZY!

I am on my way to being settled in my new apartment. Still some things to unpack, some things to pack up for storage, and other "get settled" things to address. Fiona is loving the new place, new windows, and now things to explore. My bedroom window gets amazing afternoon sun that she loves to sunbathe in daily.


Such a tough life.

I went home for Nora's 2nd birthday. I cant believe she is already 2! We had an awesome weekend, and she had a blast celebrating! She has such a beautiful personality; she just lights up the room with happiness! She talks constantly. Always moving. I just adore her!

Party time!

My new job is keeping me flat-out. I trained my replacement the past 2 weeks, then officially started my new position yesterday. I am scared and anxious... lacking self confidence... but I know I can do this. It is going to be a slow start, but I just need to dig down deep and find the confidence I know I possess. Learning a new job is always stressful, but I think this experience will be much more challenging than any past jobs for several reasons: 1) I dont really have any 1 person to "train" me, 2) since it is a new position, there is no set protocol or outline to guide me, 3) this work needed to be addressed a year ago, so there is much to be done ASAP, and 4) this is the most responsibility I have ever had with any position- the highest level I have ever worked at. Nonetheless, I am trying to remain optimistic and open to this amazing opportunity I have been given.

NOW, lets talk running...

I am doing well sticking to my marathon training schedule. It is still dangerously hot out, but between going to the indoor track with Maureen, short runs on the treadmill, and waking up at 5am, I have managed to avoid any excessive sweaty miserable runs. I ran 10 miles this past weekend and it went really well. My knees hurt a good bit during and right after the run, but no lingering aching. I didnt bring any water- which was probably a stupid move on my part- but I have not had time to buy a new/better running water bottle. I run 11 this coming weekend so I really need to get over to the running store to figure out something better to keep me hydrated for this run.

A coworker of mine, Kristen, made a Hero team for the St. Jude race to raise money. I am pretty sure I will join her team and become a Hero- in which case I will probably pester you all for donations! I think it is a wonderful addition to running this race. Not only will I personally benefit from such an accomplishment, but I can give back to a wonderful, deserving program. I will keep you posted!

Maureen signed up for the Shelby Farms 1/2 Marathon with me! I am so excited she will be doing another race, and even more excited to be training together! Several other friends have signed up for local races and I am so happy to be sharing these experiences with each of them!